• The papaya is a tropical fruit tree. It is also known by the names Pawpaw and Papaw.
• We usually refer to the papaya plant as a tree. However, the reality is that the ‘tree’ is actually a gigantic herb.
• Papayas are perennial plants. In the wild, they can live up to 20 years.
• There are two types of papayas, the Hawaiian and Mexican.
• Papaya, the tree-like herb, can reach 16 to 33 feet in height.
Here are few useful sides of eating papaya in our daily food:
1. Lowers cholesterol
Papaya is rich in fibre, Vitamin C and antioxidants which prevent cholesterol build up in your arteries. Too much cholesterol build-up can lead to several heart diseases including heart attack and hypertension.
2. Helps in weight loss
Those looking to lose weight must include papaya in their diet as it is very low in calories. The fibre content in papaya leaves you feeling full and also clears your bowel movement making your weight loss regime easier.
3. Boosts your immunity
Your immunity system acts as a shield against various infections that can make you really sick. A single papaya contains more than 200% of your daily requirement of Vitamin C, making it great for your immunity.
4. Good for diabetics
Papaya is an excellent food option for diabetics as it has a low-sugar content even though it is sweet to taste. Also, people who don’t have diabetes can eat papaya to prevent it from happening.
5. Great for your eyes
Papaya is rich in Vitamin A which helps protect your vision from degenerating. Nobody wants to lose their ability to see due to diseases like age-related macular degeneration, and eating papayas will ensure that you do not see a day where you cannot see.