Believe it or not!
• Broccoli was once known as Italian asparagus before finding its current name, which root lies in the Latin for "arm."
• The little florets of broccoli are buds ready to bloom: when left unharvested, broccoli will burst into a bunch of yellow flowers.
• The most common variety of broccoli is Calabrese broccoli, named for its place of origin, Calabria.
• Broccoli is a member of the cabbage family.
• Broccoli comes in a variety of colors, ranging from deep sage all the way to dark green and purplish-green.